Position: Assistant Cook at Windsor Middle School starting August 8, 2012. 6.5 hours per day, 173 days per year ~ full benefits. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pass pre-employment testing.
Salary range 3 on Classified Salary Schedule: $9.40-$11.59 per hour based on work experience (based on 2011-2012 salary schedule). If already employed for the district and are transferred maximum salary placement will be 10 years.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Successful completion of health examination.
Demonstrated aptitude for successful performance of assigned tasks.
Demonstrated ability in effective communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of
Demonstrated math skills, ability to prepare and maintain accurate written records,accurate money handling skills, and the ability to make recipe adjustments.Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions
Two years’experience in institutional/quantity cooking or baking is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of USDA meal requirements.
Attendance at Colorado Department of Education Child Nutrition Workshop within first year of employment.
ASFSA certification preferred.
Catering experience is desirable.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Secondary
Works as a team member to complete all duties and tasks as may be assigned to prepare, serve and track meal service at secondary site. Must relate well to people and create rapport with teenagers. Must have the ability to perform repetitious tasks and still maintain work quality. Flexibility and the ability to work under multiple demands are required. Must be able to handle money efficiently and cashier or sell ala carte as assigned.
· Follows all district, county and USDA guidelines for personal and environmental sanitation.
· Assists with all aspects of preparation and portioning for a preplanned menu to ensure cafeteria is ready to open on time.
· Participates in all aspects of cleaning serviceware and area.
· Follows department guidelines when cashiering or selling ala carte. Fills out all required paperwork accurately and completely. Returns accurate change.
· Prepares food according to the planned menu and production quantities using tested, assigned and approved recipes.
· Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Reports hazards to supervisor.
· Assists in records maintenance as instructed by manager.
· Cross trains as manager and performs duties of manager in absence of same.
· Assists in break, ala carte and catering functions with menu and product planning, product selection, ordering/shopping, preparation and set-up, sales/service. Follows department guidelines when cashiering or selling ala carte. Fills out all required paperwork accurately and completely. Returns accurate change.
· Employs good public relations and people skills for positive interactions with internal and external customers, peers, and other district staff members.
· Demonstrates a service-orientation to problem-solving and task completion.
· Attends Colorado Department of Education Child Nutrition Workshop within first year of employment, and subsequently as requested by Director, NS.
· Obtains Weld County Sanitation Training Assistance Certification for Restaurateurs within first 6 months of employment.
· Performs additional duties, tasks and responsibilities which may be requested by Director, NS or Manager or Board of Education.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and capable of frequent pushing, pulling, bending, squatting and reaching. Ability to qualify through a pre-employment physical examination, for the “medium” physical demand category (unassisted: 50 pounds-infrequent, 35 pounds or less-frequently), based on the US Department of Labor standards.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year and salary to be established by the Board of Education. Shall receive benefits of leave, retirement and the usual policies which apply to classified personnel.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.