Position: Instructional Assistant (4 hrs)
Location: Sentinel Peak High School
Salary: $8.61 per hour - commensurate with experience
Terms: 2012-2013 School Year
Qualifications for Instructional Assistant:
- High school diploma required;
- Must possess an Associate's degree or 60 hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or pass a formal state assessment such as Master's Teacher's Para Educator Learning Network (prior to hiring);
- Additional training in child psychology and guidance, classroom management, special education needs or other related areas of study is desirable;
- Must be able to demonstrate a warmth and understanding for special students;
- Must be creative and knowledgeable in working with special education students;
- Must be able to maintain good discipline standards;
- Must possess general clerical skills, primarily typing, filing and recording;
- First Aid and CPR training required;
- General clerical experience desired;
- Must be able to lift weights of up to 30 pounds;
- Must pass the Para-professional exam prior to being hired.
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Visit our website www.flowingwellsschools.org to complete an on-line application.
This position involves the performance of instructional and non-instuctional or clerical tasks in support of the classroom teacher. Emphasis is on the paraprofessional aspects of the job. Work is performed under close to moderate supervision.
PC# 202 100 605
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THIS DISTRICT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES.