Why work as a Human Resources Assistant for Choice Schools Associates LLC?
Choice Schools Associates is growing organization that is building a team of professionals to provide leadership and support for our ten Michigan area schools serving the educational needs of PreK-12<SUP>th</SUP> grade students. We are looking for an experienced administrative assistant professional to assist the Human Resources Department on an as needed basis.
The ideal candidate is self driven, able to manage a large number of tasks, and is looking for a well respected role in human resources.
· Associates Degree required; Bachelors Degree preferred
· 2 plus years prior Human Resources experience preferred
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated appropriate customer service attitude
· Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results
· Computer literate and able to quickly learn new software systems
REPORTS TO: Chief Personnel Officer and Human Resources Generalists
· Assist in the planning & preparation of materials for interviews, meetings and conference
· Respond to file transfer and request forms
· Create, send, receive & track offer letters for returning employees including supplement
letters and status change letters
· Create and send offer packets for new employees
· Maintain formal staffing spreadsheet
· Ensure that each offered position has an up to date job description
· Maintain audit of completed employee performance evaluations and notify of missing evaluations on a weekly basis
· Maintain record of employees on Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), including the date
the PIP starts, ends, interim steps, completion and end results
· Notify Payroll & Benefits of all staffing or status changes on a weekly basis
· Create email addresses for newly hired employees and assist in the training of how to access their email account
· Ensure that birthday cards, bereavement cards, congratulatory cards and other applicable
cards are sent in a timely manner
· Assist in the planning and execution of Staff Appreciation Week and other employee
· Assist Human Resources Generalists in audits and the completion of the Registry of Educational
· Receive and log Professional Development Logs, Mentoring Logs, Intent to Return forms,
transfer request forms, and master degree letters.
· Maintain file of employment law & sexual harassment posters for each school
· Prepare quarterly audit of people who have been fingerprinted by each school and send to Finance
· Monitor monetary balance in fingerprinting account on a monthly basis and request funds
from accounting as needed
· Properly route unemployment paperwork to Coordinator of Payroll & Benefits and assist in
providing Payroll & Benefits with requested information
· Conduct ICHAT background screening & sex offender registry check for all potential employees
prior to offer and packet creation
· Send, receive and track unprofessional conduct request forms for potential new hires. Follow up on missing forms every 30 days.
· Oversee and ensure that all volunteers meet the standards outlined in our volunteer
policies. Ensure all volunteers have a completed application, ICHAT background
check and a clear sex offender registry on file. Notify school leadership of volunteers who have not been cleared, and create class lists of approved volunteers as requested
· Maintain personnel filing system and file all correspondence
· Other duties as assigned
Choice Schools Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.