1. High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent (required)
2. More than three years and up to and including five years of experience in regular route, school bus driving
3. Criminal background check (required)
4. Commercial driver's license (CDL) B with P2 endorsements. (required)
5. CPR and First Aid certifications (can obtain upon hire)
6. DOT physical
7. Completion of CDE workshop classes in driver and special education areas
8. Third party tester certification
Train and maintain requirements and endorsements for the District’s Bus Drivers and Transportation staff. Train and evaluate employees regarding proper handling of student behavior issues. Coordinate and instruct students and drivers in school bus safety evacuation programs. Evaluate existing programs to improve and develop new training programs as needed for staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
2. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
3. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Set up and maintain new and existing driver training programs and maintain training records according to state, federal and District regulations. Conduct annual driver assessments on all department employees per CDE guidelines. Conduct on-the-job assessments as required.
2. Conduct testing and licensing as dictated by Colorado Department of Revenue CDL compliance office for all department employees requiring a CDL. Maintain CDL testing documentation and submit monthly report to the CDL compliance office. Provide small vehicle training to District employees as required by CDL.
3. Coordinate, instruct and evaluate employees on bus evacuation drills. Coordinate and instruct students in school bus safety evacuation.
4. Assist with interviewing and hiring of department personnel.
5. Assist in instructing students on proper behavior when riding buses and at bus stops. Assist with student management including maintaining reports, typing letters and mailing copies as needed. Act as transportation liaison between drivers, parents, students and school staff in reference to student and/or driver behavior. Counsel drivers on student management issues and keep in contact with school administration.
6. Respond to bus accidents and incidents and serve as accident support liaison as needed. Assist with completing documentation, supporting and attending to students until a parent or guardian arrives, and secure the accident scene.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Transportation Scheduler / Dispatchers are a Grade 8 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
Classified Salary Schedule
261 days per year - 8 Hour Work Day