EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent with some courses related to accounting or business.
· Over two years, and up to and including three years of secretarial experience including some accounting in a public education setting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· Oral and written communication skills.
· English language skills.
· Interpersonal relations skills.
· Basic math and accounting skills.
· Personal computer, keyboarding and word processing skills.
· Customer service and public relations skills.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
· Ability to work with adolescents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
· Criminal background check required for hire.
· CPR and First Aid certifications preferred at hire.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
· Operating knowledge of and experience with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
· Operating knowledge of and experience with general office equipment, including multi-line phone systems, copier, fax machine, postage machine equipment etc.