2012/2013 School Year
RANGE OF PAY:
Based upon experience & education, Appropriate
Rate per Collective Bargaining Agreement
1. Demonstrate a commitment to equity, excellence
and high expectations for all students and a commitment to the academic and
personal well-being of each student.
2. Establish and manage student learning in a safe,
positive and respectful learning environment.
3. Develop, plan and implement instruction that
addresses the needs of students in a manner that promotes improvements in the
level of reading proficiency of each student.
4. Maintain accurate and updated grades for
students and adhere to departmental and school-wide grading procedures and
5. Communicate regularly with students, parents and
case managers regarding student progress.
6. Coordinate and plan instruction with the Reading
7. Collaborate with teachers and Division Heads
across content areas to embed appropriate reading support for students across
the various content areas.
8. Assess student progress, analyze results and
adapt instruction to improve student reading outcomes.
9. Engage in ongoing student and program progress
monitoring in collaboration with the Reading Program Coordinator and Assistant
Principal for Instruction.
10. Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth
through reflection, teacher collaboration and monitoring and assessing
11. Participate in regularly scheduled professional
development as assigned.
12. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
Bachelor's degree. One to two years related experience and/or training preferred. Appropriate valid Illinois Type 09 Teacher's Certificate with Reading certification/endorsement required.