20 hrs / week. (2:00 - 6:00 PM; Monday - Friday (excluding weeks with no-school days and holiday breaks).)
This is a non-union position funded by a renewable grant. The selected candidate will be an employee of CESA #12.
Facilitate and supervise all programs and staff in the day to day operations of before and after school center at Lake Superior Elementary or Ashland Middle School to include:
Relating to students, families, and community:
• Coordinate enrichment opportunities with community partners.
• Communicate with appropriate community and school staff regularly regarding student needs and/or schedules.
• Communicate with parents/guardians regarding student progress and performance.
• Facilitate the implementation of family activities.
Relating to program:
• Assist with the development of program offerings and course schedule.
• Assist the After School Program director with hiring center staff.
• Prepare and maintain staff time sheets, student registration & attendance and site budget records to report information to director.
• Meet regularly with director and other site supervisor.
• Meet regularly (monthly) with center staff.
• Attend a quarterly advisory board meeting.
Related to supervision and facilities:
• Supervise the facility when center is open.
• Provide appropriate supervision for students at all times.
· Ability to relate to young people and knowledge of child development.
- Ability to model, support and reinforce positive behaviors.
- Experience working with youth.
- Consistent, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible.
- Must submit to a criminal background check.
- Some post-secondary education related to youth programming.
- Ability to use technology in an educational capacity.
- Knowledge and experience related to educational, cultural and recreational youth programs.
Reports to: Lighted School House Director
Supervises: Site program mentors & teacher tutors.
Application Procedure: To apply, please complete an on-line application @ www.ashland.k12.wi.us - Employment.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the School District of Ashland!
The School District of Ashland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate as prohibited by applicable state and/or federal laws.