Behavior Intervention Specialist
Closes: Until Filled
Community Unit School District 200 is seeking a Behavior Intervention Specialist to continue to reinforce the Mission Statement of CUSD 200 and support all students to reach their highest level of learning and personal development.
- Current Illinois Elementary (03), Secondary (09), or Special (10) Certificate, required
- LBSI endorsement, required
- LBSII (Behavior Intervention Specialist) endorsement, desirable
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst, desirable
- Strong interpersonal relations
- Strong communication skills with stake holders
- Self-directed, organized, ability to prioritize
- Understands positive behavior management planning
- Uses systematic recording procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide research-validated, professional development to staff regarding classroom management theories and positive behavior intervention strategies that promote positive student behavior in classroom and school environments.
- Collaborate with building problem solving teams to develop behavior rating scales, systematic recording procedures and functional behavior assessment routines that identify student behavior and lead to effective interventions.
- Assist in the design and implementation of continual parent education programs, which offer guidance in developing positive behavior supports in the home environment.
- Consult and collaborate with school teams regarding students with significant behavioral problems to develop effective behavior intervention plans.
- Establish reintegration plans for students transitioning into the school from alternative environments, extended hospitalization, and incarcerations.
- Provide Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training to all school social workers, psychologists, and other IEP-mandated staff.
- Provide training to staff regarding behavior strategies, data collection, FBA/BIPs, and teaching behaviors.
- Train teachers and teacher assistants to implement behavior interventions with students referred for behavioral services.
- Provide Tier 1 Universal Intervention in-services for staff.