WICHITA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Volunteer Site Contact
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Building Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: The primary role of this position is to coordinate volunteer activities for the school. The Volunteer Site Contact will work collaboratively with school staff, parents, and district Volunteer/Partner and Family Engagement staff to ensure coordination of school volunteers and volunteer activity. The Volunteer Site Contact position can be a paid or unpaid position.
CHARACTERISTICS/SKILLS OF A VOLUNTEER SITE CONTACT:
- Respectful, sincere and dedicated
- Patient and friendly with volunteers, staff and students
- Flexible to volunteer and staff needs and schedules
- Prompt, dependable and regular in attendance
- Supportive of Administration and school staff
- Communicates effectively
- Efficient organization skills
- Mindful of confidentiality
- Values diversity
· Basic computer skills or willingness to learn computer technology
1. Survey families and work with building staff to identify school volunteer needs.
2. Recruit volunteers for tutoring, Helping Hands, mentoring and all other volunteer needs.
3. Plan and conduct orientation sessions for all volunteers.
4. Work with building staff to schedule volunteers, tutors and mentors.
5. Attend monthly Volunteer Site Contact training to gather information and network with other Volunteer Site Contacts.
6. Maintain sign in sheets and submit documentation for all volunteer activities.
7. Coordinate and report volunteer activities as needed to the Family Engagement Team, staff, parents, Site Council and parent organization.
8. Maintain positive, professionally productive communication with volunteers, staff, parents, and community members.
9. Participate in the planning of ongoing and year-end recognition and appreciation activities for school volunteers and community partners.
10. If requested, serve as a member of the school Family Engagement Team.
11. Collect surveys and assist in conducting an evaluation of the volunteer program.