TITLE: Crisis Interventionist
REPORTS TO: Principal
Building Case Manager
WORK DAYS: Student attendance days
plus August teacher institute day
7.0 hours daily
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES:
· Assist in managing individual and group behavior throughout the building and on school grounds under supervision of
the principal, building assistant, building case manager, or designated certified staff.
· Provide necessary verbal and physical interventions with students to ensure safety of staff and other students, and to ensures
maintenance of optimal learning environment.
· Work under supervision of teachers within classroom to avert crisis on proactive basis.
· Assist in promoting appropriate peer interaction with staff and students, and interpersonal problem solving.
· Write incident reports when directly involved with a student.
· Assist in charting student behavior progress as directed.
· Assist in collecting and collating required incident reports, behavioral summary reports, and behavioral information.
· Assist in organization of assignments and materials as directed.
· Escort students to and from activities and classes.
· Assist in supervision of field trips.
· Supervise after-school detention.
· Maintain confidentiality of student and work-related information.
· Participate in in-service training activities and demonstrate competency in physical and verbal interventions with students.
· Attend all other required staff in –service training activities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelors Degree - Substitute Certificate
· Knowledge of curriculum design and effective teaching practices.