1. Coordinates daily technology support operations including work order prioritization and general support activities within the building and in cooperation with district technology staff.
2. Provides primary technical and instructional support for building staff and students.
3. Manages K-5 computer lab environment; actively mentors teachers in effective technology utilization within the education environment.
4. Acts as resource for teachers in implementing BSD Technology Literacy standards.
5. Attends the regular Elementary Technologist group meetings; collaborates with other Elementary Technologists.
6. Serves as Building Inventory Manager as it applies to effective asset management.
7. Evaluates, makes recommendations, and coordinates hardware and software purchases with district technology administration.
8. Provides regular staff development including computer training of staff through informal one-on-one and teacher workshop sessions.
9. Actively works to assist and train teachers in implementing/integrating technology into the curriculum and classroom.
10. Serves as the school webmaster and website coordinator, encompassing content, design, and maintenance of the school website. Trains other staff in web editing as needed.
11. Maintains school instructional databases.
12. Works directly with district technology to support all facets of hardware and software within the school.
13. Effectively interfaces with district support team as well as building administrative, instructional and building staff.
14. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction with administration, students, and staff.
15. Actively works with district technology team to standardize and consolidate hardware and software platforms.
16. Applies and implements high quality team work ethics and “best-practice” support initiatives as directed by program manager.
17. Actively works to develop processes and procedures for effective technology management. Performs other tasks duties as assigned by program manager.
NOTE: This position shall be focused on technology support and integration within the school/staff and not be assigned additional building administrative duties beyond those outlined in this job description without prior approval of the administrative program manager.