Posted: April 24, 2012
Deadline for application: Until Filled
Contract length: 2012-2013
Compensation: Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Work Schedule: 184 Days
Nature and Scope of Job: To provide services to students with disabilities as defined in their Individualized Education Program and to work collaboratively with related services providers and general educators to ensure students receive an appropriate education.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
· Must hold a valid Colorado Teaching License with state approved endorsement as a teacher of the category of disability being taught.
· If the teacher does not have an endorsement, temporary teacher eligibility may be granted if a valid license or letter of authorization is held.
· Meet NCLB Highly Qualified requirements for teaching assignment, if necessary.
Qualifications: Applicant must have the knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to perform the function of the position; Must have knowledge of research based instructional strategies and interventions.
Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Special education teachers (precision teachers) serve specific categorized types of children. The categories that exist are:
o Significant Limited Intellectual Capacity (SLIC)
o Perceptual and Communicative Disorders (PCD)
o Significant Identifiable Emotional Disorder (SIED)
o Physically and Otherwise Health Impaired (POHI)
o Deaf and Hard of Hearing
o Visual Disability
o Speech /Language Disorder
o Traumatic Brain Injury
o Multiple Disabilities
o Preschooler with a Disability
· Teacher competencies are required for each respective category specifically involving knowledge of traits, characteristics, and assessment remediation and direct instruction.
· Analytically processes and designs each child’s program with written instruction and behavioral goals and objectives to effectively promote the child’s school experience.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org