20 hours over the course of one 5-day work week with varied schedule.
10 months per year
Minimum hourly rate: $15.41
1. Prepares and assembles items for catering and special events.
2. Cooks and heats food on site utilizing USDA, federal, state, and local sanitary requirements.
3. Coordinates ordering of food and supplies for catering with the MHS cook manager.
4. Records food inventory and daily food usage.
5. Delivers catering orders as needed with own vehicle. Vehicle is subject to health department inspections.
6. Billing and invoicing customers.
7. Picks up and tracks catering supplies after meetings, etc. for return to MHS kitchen.
8. Cross trains with other Cook positions
9. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Evidence of a current Food Manager Certification or completion within 3 months from date of hire.
2. Evidence of a current SNA Certification at Level II OR working towards or degree from Technical College in Food Service preferred.
3. Evidence of successful experience in school food service or related field for a minimum of one year.
4. Membership in MSNA/SNA desirable.
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully complete a pre-placement physical through U.S. Northworks (at the District's expense) including the ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds.
6. Evidence of leadership and supervisory skills.
7. Required computer skills include: MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet Ordering Skills.
8. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.