Choral Teacher -1.0 FTE
ROLLING MEADOWS HIGH SCHOOL
Directs a comprehensive choral music program including Beginning and Concert Choir, Madrigal Choir, a competitive Show Choir, and Vocal Ensembles. Maintains a concert and festival schedule as agreed upon with the school administration in accordance with the Head Director. Assists the organization of all aspects of student participation in concerts, adjudicated events such as IMEA, and festivals. Identifies and recruits high school students for participation in the coral program. Maintains positive relationships and articulation with sender schools to recruiting. Properly maintains student activity accounts. Assists in supervising the distributions, collection, maintenance, and inventory control of equipment, supplies, uniforms, costumes, and related materials. Works cooperatively with colleagues to share efforts, resources, and students to support the entire performing arts program. Maintains communication with administrators, staff, and parents. Supports selected school and community events by supplying appropriate music groups.
- State of Illinois high school certification (09) in Fine Arts (Music Education) with endorsement in Vocal Music.
- BA, BS, MA, or MS from an accredited college or university with a major in music education and an emphasis in vocal music.
- Ability to maintain a vibrant, comprehensive choral program as a component of a rich and collaborative performing arts program.
- Willingness to assist in choir-related co-curricular activities.
- Academically prepared to teach AP Music Theory.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
“An equal employment and equal education opportunity agency."