PLYMOUTH PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
SYSTEM LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST
• Connecticut certification as a Librarian or Media
• To provide instruction, leadership, direction, and library media services on a system-wide basis.
• To provide centralized technical and production services for the school district.
• To demonstrate professional responsibility to the school system and the teaching profession.
• To establish positive working relationships with students, parents, school personnel and the community.
• To direct and supervise the Department of Library Media Services.
• To fulfill the responsibilities as described in the system-wide chairperson.
• To conduct orientation classes for freshman
• To provide instruction to high school classes upon request.
• To train and supervise the staff of the technical services section.
• To develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures for the technical services section.
• To provide training for faculty and staff in the use of equipment.
• To produce television recordings of selected events.
• To serve as a resource person for instructional staff in the selection and purchase of supplementary, curriculum materials.
• To complete reports, records and other routine
Assignments in a prompt and organized manner.
• To participate in maintaining proper student conduct and safety in the school environment.
• To assume an equitable share of school-wide responsibilities.
• To respond professionally to suggestions for improvement of skills.
• To adjust to changes in procedures and programming for the enhancement of the school/ system.
• To maintain professional competence through participation in staff development activities and self-selected professional growth.
• To display discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
• To observe school policies, Board policies and procedures and legal regulations.
• To adhere to professional ethics.
• To demonstrate a positive and cooperative attitude toward students, parents, school personnel, and members of the community.
• To communicate effectively both orally and in writing with students, parents, school personnel and members of the community.
SALARY: PEA Contract Commensurate With Experience
APPROXIMATE START DATE: August 22, 2012
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: If you are interested in this position, please apply on line at http://plymouth.k12.ct.us and complete an application. The following information needs to be uploaded when applying to be considered for this position: a letter of intent addressed to Dr. Anthony W. Distasio, Superintendent, resume; portfolio scores (if applicable), transcripts, three (3) current letters of reference and a copy of your Connecticut Certifications for this position.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 7, 2012 @ 3 p.m. EST
The Plymouth School District does not permit or condone discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical handicap, or age. An applicant may request any needed accommodation to participate in the job application process. A ten-day notification is required to arrange for such accommodation.
Dated: April 23, 2012