POSTING DATE: April 24, 2012
POSTING END DATE: May 18, 2012; 4:00 p.m.
Paraprofessionals in these positions assist Special Ed teacher in providing instructional and/or behavior support for special ed students. Assist students in academic areas, implement curriculum and adapt instructional strategies and materials according to the needs of the student under the direction of a licensed teacher. Requires working with students that may have learning challenges, behavioral issues and/or need physical support. May be required to assist in toileting, eating, assisting to and from busses, etc., perform physical transfers of up to 75 lbs., support teacher in crisis intervention. Student needs may include Autism/Autism Spectrum, ADD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Down Syndrome, Expressive Receptive Language Disorder, Progressive Cerebral Atrophy and Sensory Disorders.
- Programming is located in various buildings throughout the District.
- Shifts vary in hours from 3.5 hrs/day to 5 hrs/day.
- Start and end times vary; all positions begin in the morning and conclude late morning/early afternoon.
- All positions begin on July 16 and end on August 9.
- All positions are Monday through Thursday.