REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
SUPERVISES: Director of Assessment, Evaluation and Research
Safe School Climate Coordinator
The Executive Director of Assessment and Intervention will oversee the development and effective implementation of systems for increasing the effective collection, reporting, analysis and use of data at all levels of the district focused on improving student learning and monitoring the District Strategic Operating Plan. Oversees functions related to the preparation of Federal, State and District mandated reports, program evaluations, research studies, and statistical reports. Develops and implements a system of effective intervention/support.
· Oversee the research, development and effective implementation of systems for increasing the effective collection, reporting, analysis and use of data at all levels of the district focused on improving student learning and effectively monitoring the implementation of the District Strategic Operating Plan.
· Monitors the district accountability systems of targets and measures.
· Supervise staff in the completion of all mandated federal, state and district reports.
· Oversee the program evaluation design for various programs and reporting requirements.
· Oversee prepared analysis of data and statistical reports required by the Board of Ed, Superintendent, State of Connecticut and Federal government.
· Provide comprehensive reports and data analysis to principals, Curriculum Directors, Portfolio Directors, School Quality Directors, Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent.
· Provide support to schools in development of effective data teams and a system of interventions.
· Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Academic Officer.
· Advanced degree in education or related area required.
· Extensive (over 10 years) relevant work experience.
· Extensive knowledge of all aspects of school district operations required.
· Demonstrated record of achievement in an urban school district and an up-to-date familiarity with developments and trends in teaching and learning.
· Expertise in the use of educational technology systems to create accountability systems and facilitate student learning.
· Proven ability to build consensus among peer professionals necessary.
· Proven ability to evaluate and provide feedback, particularly in the area of curriculum development and instructional delivery necessary.
· Strong orientation toward urban school systems preferred.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills vital.
· Demonstrated skill as an articulate and persuasive communicator, both orally and in writing.
Connecticut Certification in Intermediate Administration/Supervision (092)
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary in Accordance with Hartford Principals’ and Supervisors’ Association (HPSA) Group 13 ($121,896 - $132,252)2011-2012
Hartford Principals’ and Supervisors’ Association.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
Please visit http://talent.hartfordschools.org
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D