REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
SUPERVISES: Director of Literary Arts
Director of STEM
Director of Humanities
Senior Executive Advisor for the Arts
Coordinator of Applications Development
The Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction plans, coordinates, evaluates, and provides leadership for developing and implementing PreK-12 curriculum in order to increase student performance, enhance classroom instruction, promote academic rigor and relevance, and prepare students for college and the workplace.
· Provide oversight for development and implementation of the PreK-12 curricula.
· Summarize and disseminate information related to current local, regional and national instructional strategies, trends, learning theory, etc. (standards-based curriculum; small learning communities; small schools; interdisciplinary curriculum; and project-based learning).
· In conjunction with the CAO, articulate the vision for and provide leadership to the district’s instructional program by guiding, directing, evaluating, and monitoring the delivery of instructional services to students.
· Collaborate with the director of professional development to identify and implement relevant and meaningful professional development that is aligned to district and school instructional goals and objectives.
· Establish procedures for on-going review and revision of curriculum and for evaluating and selecting instructional materials and text.
· Ensure that all subject content areas have identified learning outcomes and assessment strategies.
· Assist in developing curriculum and instruction policies and procedures.
· Write and monitor grants that support district-wide goals and objectives.
· Supervise and provide strategic oversight of program initiatives led by content area supervisors.
· Provide support for development of theme-based courses.
· Actively use data driven decision making strategies to modify and enhance curriculum and instruction.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Chief Academic Officer.
· Holds advanced degrees in Curriculum and Instruction, and/or Administration and Supervision.
· Experience and knowledge in the development and implementation of K-12 curricula.
· Requires a minimum of three years of district-level related administrative experience.
· Experience developing and delivering professional development to a broad audience.
· Demonstrated successful experience working with students, administrators, teachers, staff, and parents in an urban setting.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in an educational setting that sets and achieves high learning standards for staff and students.
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· Ability to manage general budgets.
· Demonstrated knowledge of educational technology that facilitates student learning.
· Demonstrate ability to successfully implement assessments that improve teaching and learning.
Connecticut Certification in Intermediate Administration/Supervision (092)
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary in Accordance with Hartford Principals’ and Supervisors’ Association (HPSA) Group 13 ($121,896 - $132,252)2011-2012
Hartford Principals’ and Supervisors’ Association.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
Please visit http://talent.hartfordschools.org
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D