*CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE BILINGUAL IN SPANISH*
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Direct Classroom experience with children, pre-k to twelve
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of World Languages, Gifted & Talented, ELL and Bilingual Programs
JOB GOAL: Provides additional instructional assistance and support to ELL and Bilingual students.
- Provides assistance in basic skills to ELL and Bilingual students in content area and ELL and Bilingual support classes as requested by ELL and Bilingual support teachers.
- Provides instruction and assistance in ELL and Bilingual support centers such as Rosetta Stone, basic conversation skills, and content area vocabulary.
- Reinforces study and organizational skills with students with priority needs.
- Interacts with ELL and Bilingual teachers and parents, as appropriate.
- Prepares small group lessons during one daily preparation period to support ELL and Bilingual teachers with classroom objectives as determined by the teachers.
- Consults with ELL and Bilingual teachers on a daily basis to discuss and monitor student progress.
- Helps with organization of teacher and students resources.
- Translates and/or modifies student assignments and assessments in core content areas, as needed, for identified students only.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Daily hours: 6 hours/day paid (30-minute unpaid lunch)
Work period: Ten month/school year schedule
Salary: Hourly - $19.00