ANTIOCH COMMUNITY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT #34
Antioch, IL 60002
Phone (847) 838-8421 Fax (847) 838-8404
Notification of Teaching Opportunity
Reading Resource Teacher
Individual must possess valid Illinois appropriate certification, Type 10, Reading Specialist certification preferred. District 34 is seeking energetic and enthusiastic candidates to fill full-time reading resource teacher vacancies. Salary based upon training and experience.
- Type 10, Reading Specialist certificate
- Background and experience in providing reading interventions, guided reading, instruction of comprehension strategies, and use of informal and formal assessment
- Experience with diagnosis and remediation of reading difficulties
- Expertise in elementary school environments
- Knowledge and ability to apply developmentally appropriate best practices
- Practical knowledge of current assessment techniques
- Demonstration of strong verbal interpersonal and written communication skills with colleagues, parents and administration
- Willingness to participate on school committees for the general improvement of instruction and curriculum
- Demonstration of a personal commitment to teacher collaboration and continuous professional growth
An outstanding candidate for this position is a professional who:
- Demonstrates success working as a flexible, contributing, and collaborative member of a team of professionals.
- Shows enthusiasm, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to accept change.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Promotes and maintains appropriate student behavior.
- Assists in building duties in a collaborative manner.
- Willingly participates on committees to develop and improve curriculum.
- Actively pursues continual professional growth and is committed to our vision of making our school a place of excellence.
If interested in applying for this position, please apply online at www.antioch34.com