Reposted - original applicants will be considered and need not reapply
Salary range in the $60,000s and a comprehensive benefits package.
Operations Foreman (Reports to the Senior Manager of Facilities)
Position Summary: Supervises the work of employees and contractors engaged in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds. Performs related work as required.
1. Graduation from high school or GED required. Graduation from/training in building trades preferred.
2. Minimum two (2) years proven custodial experience plus minimum two (2) years groundskeeper experience.
Supervisory experience preferred.
3. Current Black Seal license and motor vehicle driver's license required. CEFM certification and Pesticide Applicator's
4. IPM Coordinator training preferred.
Work Year: 12 months (Tuesday through Saturday, subject to change)
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Facilities, responsibilities include:
1. Oversees all work performed by grounds and custodial employees including contracted services.
2. Meets daily with staff, assigns work orders, follows up in the field to see that work crews are completing assigned
tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
3. Meets with head custodians routinely to discuss building issues, handle supply and equipment needs.
4. Meets regularly with contracted cleaning supervisor to review/schedule work performed by contracted cleaning
crew. Makes unscheduled night spot checks on staff.
5. Inspects district facilities routinely to assure the completion of regular and assigned duties of the custodial and
grounds staff, as well as contracted services.
6. Maintains schedules and monitors the time records and attendance of custodial/grounds staff and reviews invoices
and records from contracted cleaning company. Monitors and authorizes additional services as per the contract.
7. Evaluates grounds personnel and works with building Principals in evaluating in-house custodial staff.
8. Serves as 'Snow Commander' and coordinates custodial, maintenance, and ground's personnel involved in the
control of snow and ice. Inspects parking lots and sidewalks during and after storm. Dispatches and re-assigns
personnel to fulfill the requirements of the event.
9. Communicates with Supervisor of Physical Education/Athletics to coordinate field set-up, lining, and staffing needs
for athletic events.
10. On call 24-hours per day/seven days per week for district mandates and responds to after-hour emergencies, and
burglar and fire alarms when necessary.
11. Oversees transportation of equipment and supplies for district functions.
12. Oversees the weekend facility use schedule, assures proper coverage, and handles associated concerns and
13. Provides for substitute coverage in the event of absence of regular employees.
14. Ensures the district buildings and grounds conforms to all district, local, state & federal regulations and codes.
15. Ensure that an appropriate inventory of all supplies and equipment are maintained for both departments.
16. Coordinate district IPM compliance.
17. Accurately documents information, processes, and summaries of situations.
18. Commitment to continual learning and improvement of the environment through formal and informal training.
19. Promptly responds to inquiries and issues.
20. Maintains a working knowledge of the position, including applicable regulations.
21. Ability to work independently.
22. Cross trains and provides back up support within the department.
23. Establishment and maintenance of files and records.
24. Maintains confidentiality and integrity of all data/information accessed while performing the duties of the position.
25. Performs all other duties that may be within the scope of his/her employment and may be assigned by his/her