REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services
Current certification from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board [BACB] as a board certified behavior analyst in good standing.
Masters degree in an appropriate field of study
1. Designs, monitors, and evaluates individual students’ instructional programs based on applied behavior analysis (ABA). Provides written protocols for instruction and behavior management.
2. Establishes effective data collection and graphing systems, analyzes data, and trains staff in methods of data collection and analysis.
3. Conducts student-based assessments, observations, functional behavioral assessments and shares results in a written report including attendance at Planning & Placement Team meetings.
4. Provides ongoing training, coaching, and support to all staff who implement ABA-based instructional or behavioral programs.
5. Models the behavioral assessment and behavior intervention planning processes for staff and serves as a resource to them.
6. Interprets the principles of applied behavioral analysis and explains their application in specific circumstances in a manner that staff and parents can understand.
7. Plans and presents workshops, as well as competency-based trainings to staff on topics related to autism.
8. Provides specific parent training as necessary to support an individual student’s programming and generalization.
9. Develops appropriate instructional and behavioral goals with staff, students, and parents.
10. Meets regularly with student-centered teams and participates in the review, progress monitoring, and problem solving processes.
11. Seeks current advanced professional knowledge of the applied behavior analysis field.
12. Serves as a professional resource to teachers, pupil services staff, and administrators on matters concerning effective instructional and behavioral services for students.
13. Maintains confidential data and records regarding services as required.
14. Adheres to the highest professional and ethical standards in all aspects of practice.
15. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Working Conditions: 11 months / Non-Union
Salary: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
All applicants must apply online at www.danbury.k12.ct.us