Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Rate of pay -- Probation rate : $11.29 Reg. rate : $12.86
· Picks up and delivers food, supplies and equipment to assigned catering sites in a Food Service delivery truck.
· Sets up and tears down catering events as directed by the Catering Manager.
· Maintains standards of sanitation and safety during transport and delivery of food, supplies and equipment.
· Maintains good driving habits and exercises extra caution when driving around schools where children are present.
· Fills the van with gas as needed, records usage in log book and checks the oil as required by the Director of Support Services.
· Keeps the van clean, both inside and out.
· Inspects equipment periodically, recommending needed repairs.
· Has the ability to communicate and work with fellow employees, supervisors and catering customers.
· Covers Food & Nutrition Services van route(s) in the absence of permanent driver(s).
· May be assigned to kitchen duties between delivery runs.
· Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and the community.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned. .
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
The van driver is physically able to operate a food service van and carry heavy, bulky equipment up and down stairs and is able to jointly carry material weighing at least 80 pounds.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.) The School Food Service Van Driver shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. Must be at least 25 years old. The van driver shall maintain a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record as defined by the Board Policy. Must demonstrate truck driving competency during department driving test. It is required that the van driver have a high school diploma or GED and complete the Basic Food Service Course. If working 6 hours or more Food Service Safety and Sanitation Class is required.