Position: Utility/Bus Driver for Transporation Department. Starting June 1, 2012. Full benefits. Maintenance part of postition is 260 days per year. 8.0 hours per day during the summer. During school year utility is appox. 6 hours per day the other 2 hours will be bus driving as needed. Must have clean driving record, be able to lift 50 lbs. and pass pre-employment testing.
Salary range for utility portion of job 5: $10.51-$12.95 per hour based on work experience. If transferring from an existing position in the district, maximum placement is Step 10.
Salary range while bus driving portion of job 9: $12.72-$15.68 per hour based on work expereince. If transferring from an existing position in the district, maximum placement is Step 10.
High School diploma or equivalent
Meet all conditions of employment as may be required in accordance with Colorado Rules and Regulations Governing Operation of school Transportation Vehicles
Certification of good health
Pass all tests and examinations as may be required by the Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division
Physically able to bend, squat, kneel, extend arms above head, climb steps and ladders for an extended period of time.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
Perform tasks as may be assigned in a utility position for the Department of Transportation. Maintain the ability to work in all areas as assigned. Maintain all training and CDL licensing requirements necessary to perform duties as outlined in this policy and other Board of Education policies, rules, or regulations.
· Drive all regular bus routes, activity trips and substitute as may be assigned by the Transportation Director.
· Clean all vehicles, equipment and buildings to maintain a safe environment.
· Keep records on maintenance and repairs of vehicles and equipment.
· Maintenance and minor repair of Transportation Department vehicles and equipment. Perform routine washing, waxing and seat repair maintenance as required.
· Perform all responsibilities as may be outlined in the bus driver job description, CL81.
· Perform all duties as may be assigned the Director of Transportation.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of Board of Education policies which may apply.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: At will employee. Work year, salary, and benefits to be established by the Board of Education.