AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
** PLEASE APPLY IF INTERESTED IN ANY POSITIONS WHICH MAY BECOME AVAILABLE DUE TO THE DOMINO EFFECT.
EFFECTIVE FOR THE 2012/2013 SCHOOL YEAR
1. Teaching certificate preferred.
2. CPR training preferred.
3. Previous football high school/college playing/coaching experience preferred.
4. Experience with successful winning program/post season coaching experience preferred.
5. Ability and evidence of being able to transition student athletes to the next competitive level.
6. Experience in the design of offensive and defensive strategy and working as an assistant, to the Head Varsity Football Coach administratively.
7. Experience/expertise in coaching all aspects both offensively and defensively.
8. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Director of Athletics and Student Programs
JOB GOALS: To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play. Competitive athletic programs will also foster school spirit in a positive manner.
1. Instruct players in the fundamentals, the rules of the game, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
2. Assist in designing and supervising all practices and games.
3. Assist the Head Varsity Football Coach in the management of the entire football program including middle school, 9th grade, junior varsity and varsity programs.
4. Assist in promoting good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
5. Assist in maintaining a high academic standard and assist with academic support for student athletes.
6. Assist in pre-season and post-season conditioning programs in conjunction with head coach.
7. Any other duties as assigned by the head football coach including the Varsity Head Football Coach.
8. Assist in promoting high ideals in sportsmanship, appropriate student athlete behavior, a healthy lifestyle, and to serve as a positive role model for the student athletes.
9. Assist in the enforcement of the discipline policies and academic requirements regarding student activities set forth by the Millcreek Township School District.
10. Assist in the development of each team member to their skill potential.
11. Promote effective and positive communication with student-athletes, parents, and administration.
12. Promote a team concept and vision while placing an emphasis on positive sportsmanship.
13. Ability to relate/communicate in a positive manner to the student athlete.
14. Willingness to commit time in the off-season and regular season to improving the football program and individual players as requested by the Head Coach.
15. Acceptance and execution of specified duties as assigned by the head coach, including both on and off the field responsibilities.
16. Assist in adhering to guidelines and procedures set forth by the PIAA.
17. Maintain a safe and secure athletic facility.
18. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent of his designee.
1. Ability to sit and talk and hear.
2. Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when
necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to push items of 50 lbs such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture.
1. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
2. Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
3. Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screen.
1. Indoor and outdoor environments.
1. Ability to work as a member of a team.
2. Must be courteous.
3. Must be cooperative, congenial, service oriented, and promote these qualities in the building.
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
1. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
2. Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to students, staff, and other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to read, write and do computations.
5. Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
6. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks, and problem solving.
8. Ability to use correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
9. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Within ten (10) weeks after the last athletic event, supplemental contracts will either be officially re-offered to those holding them or will be officially opened to new applicants.
EVALUATION: Self-evaluation within two (2) weeks of season submitted to Assistant Principal/Director of Athletics. Annual reemployment evaluation within forty-five (45) days of end of season.