The Litchfield Public Schools are seeking an experienced Director of Business Operations who, under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools, will administer the financial affairs of the school district in such a way as to provide the best possible educational services with the financial resources available.
The position requires knowledge of principles and practices of accounting, finances, and public school administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge, integrity and success in all fiscal services including financial planning and budgeting, accounting and reporting, fiscal management of grants, purchasing, inventory and supply management.
- Ability to oversee ancillary services such as school transportation and food services.
- Background in facilities management, capital planning, construction and renovation.
- Demonstrated success administering payroll, insurance, and employee benefit programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to school business administration and educational finance.
- Knowledge of personnel practices and administration, grievance resolution, and proven success with contractual negotiations.
- Successful experience with technology and computer operations and implementation of management information systems.
The Director of Business Operations shall have a minimum of five years of experience or employment in responsible management/administrative positions, including direct supervisory capacity in finance and business operations, particularly in public schools.
Connecticut State Department of Education certification 085 School Business Administrator and/or 092 Intermediate Administration or Supervision required. Start Date: July 1, 2012.
Complete our online application accessed through http://www.litchfieldschools.org/ and attach a cover letter, resume, three current letters of recommendation, graduate and undergraduate transcripts and 085 certification or proof of eligibility. Please address cover letter to: Deborah Wheeler, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools. Application deadline: May 18, 2012