Spanish (Interviews have been scheduled.)
South Middle School (6-8)
196 day contract
Desirable Position Criteria
- Valid Iowa teaching license, required
- 5-12 Spanish, required
- Knowledge of the middle level learner based on current research.
- Experience in using Total Physical Response to teach Spanish (TPRS), preferred
- Successful experience as a Spanish instructor at the middle level, preferred
- Use of pedagogically appropriate/best practice instructional methods and a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare all students to achieve higher standards and become lifelong learners.
- Preference is given to instructor with demonstrated knowledge of PBIS, differentiating instruction, project-based learning, the use of data to guide instruction, standard-based reporting, the Core, and 21st Century Skills.
- Commitment to the team teaching concept; including integrated instruction as well as interdisciplinary instruction.
- Contributing member of a Professional Learning Community and an understanding of key processes in a Professional Learning Community.
- Ability to involve parents and communities in supporting student learning and healthy development.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development as described in the Iowa Professional Development Standards and support of the Iowa Teaching Standards as the foundation from which to build that ongoing growth plan.
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: email@example.com; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.
Waukee Community School District
560 Southeast University Avenue
Waukee is the fastest growing school district in the state of Iowa with more than 850 staff members serving more than 7,000 students in grades preschool through twelfth grade. Our schools serve students from Clive, Urbandale, Waukee, and West Des Moines as well as open enrollment students from other communities outside the 55 square miles of our district boundaries.
There are currently 10 school buildings operating in Waukee including six elementary schools: Brookview, Eason, Maple Grove, Shuler, Walnut Hills and Waukee Elementary; two middle schools: Waukee Middle School and Waukee South Middle School; one ninth grade building: Prairieview; and one high school: Waukee High School.
This portion of our website contains links to information About the District, District Office, School Improvement, Business Services, Operations, Community, Board of Education, Transportation, Alumni/Reunion Information, and the WCSD Foundation.
All jobs from Waukee Community School District