Available: August, 2012
Overland Trail Middle School (6-8)
Provide direct classroom instruction in math to middle school students as a part of an academic team.
- Knowledge of current teaching methodologies, primary curriculum, state standards, and performance assessments
- Willingness to work in a grade-level team situation and collaborate with all staff.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with parents, students, and staff.
- Dedication to working on S.M.A.R.T goals and school improvement initiatives.
- Must have a current, valid license to teach secondary math in the state
of Colorado, as required by the Colorado Department of Education.
Must be "highly qualified" to teach secondary math, as required by Section 1119 of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).
(Teaching endorsement, 24 credit hours in subject or must
have passed Content Area test.)
- Bilingual / ESL endorsement preferred, but not required.
- Experience with diverse populations a plus
Apply online. Currently contracted teachers please use Internal
Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years
previous work experience.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at
4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time