Salary: At the appropriate step on the pay scale
Work Schedule: Summer and Fall marching band rehearsals and performances, and one additional sectional rehearsal per week during the fall
The marching band rehearses for two mini-camp sessions in July (two full days each, held at school), one week of band camp in early August (also held at school), and two evening rehearsals per week from mid-August through the first week of November. Color guard instructor to attend all rehearsals, 4 Friday evening football game performances, and 6 Saturday rehearsal/competition days, as well as one guard-only sectional per week during the fall.
High School Diploma
- Experience teaching color guard and composing color guard work
Performance skills in the areas of dance, flag, saber, and rifle
Ability to be in attendance at all practices, competitions, meetings and team functions
- Knowledge of the competitive marching band activity, and expected performance skills
- Enthusiasm for growing a small color guard program
- Recruit potential incoming guard members
- Introduce basic skills to new guard members
- Develop the sill set and performance level of all guard members throughout the season
- Compose guard work in a timely manner during the summer, keeping to the creative schedule agreed upon with the director
- Collaborate with the director and other staff members in the production of the marching band show
- Work within a budget to secure silks and uniforms appropriate for the show thematic content
- Set and maintain a regular sectional schedule
- Actively participate in all marching band rehearsals
- Prepare guard for performances (uniforms, makeup, etc.)
- Report to the director regarding the progress of the color guard throughout the season
Qualified external candidates interested in this position should apply on line using the procedures below:
Click on the “Employment” tab
Click on “Job Postings”
Click on LAMPHERE
Review the open positions at Lamphere
PLEASE NOTE: When applying for a specific position You MUST click on the DESIRED POSITION you want to apply for.
Once you find the position you want to apply for: Click on "Apply" (orange box/upper right corner & follow prompts)
Qualified internal candidates interested in this position should apply on line using the procedures below:
On the left side of the page
Click on “Employment Opportunities”
Click on “Submit Internal Application/Transfer From”
Follow the prompts
If you have any questions, contact Russ McKenzie at (248) 589-3943 x2825.
It shall be the policy of the district not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status or handicap status in the employment of personnel.