Las Cruces Public Schools
505 South Main, Suite 249
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Position: Math/Science Staff Development Specialist
Location or Department: Professional Development Center
Application Deadline: 05/03/2012 until 11:00 p.m.
1. Possess valid New Mexico Teaching PED Level III Teacher License (Instructional Leader).
2. Seven years successful teaching experience, including the teaching of math/science.
3. Knowledgeable regarding current math/science research and its instructional applications.
4. Knowledgeable with the Common Core State Standards
5. Experience in staff development and willingness to coach and mentor teachers and Instructional Specialists.
6. Strong evidence of ability to work effectively with other educators and lead/facilitate teacher and student groups that result in positive student outcomes.
7. Evidence of instructional leadership (e.g., team leader, department chair, lead teacher, etc.)
8. Education in mathematics and/or science beyond the bachelor’s degree preferred.
9. Evidence of strong oral and written language skills.
An FBI fingerprint background check will be conducted on all new hires of the Las Cruces Public Schools at a cost to the employee. Continued employment will be contingent upon the results of the background check. Certified employees must meet licensure and highly qualified status, as specified by the New Mexico Public Education Department.
Las Cruces Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Las Cruces Public Schools has a No Smoking/No Tobacco Policy