C Squad Girls Soccer Coach
St. Francis High School (9-12)
Hours: Vary as arranged with supervisorDuty Days: 8/13/2012 through 10/25/2012, as arranged with supervisorType of Position: Temporary, seasonalSalary: $3,500 (as arranged with supervisor)Supervisor: Jeff Fink, Activities Director
QUALIFICATIONS: The C and B coaching position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student athletes within the program; reports to, and work closely with, the head coach along with other assistant coaches to determine goals and direction of the program; is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete participating on their team for St. Francis High School; Soccer coaching experience at a middle or high school level; proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior; positive, high energy, and committed; partners well with parents, staff, community leaders etc.; view success not just as winning, but as helping team members to reach goals.
- Coordinate the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes with head and assistant coaches.
- Follow and meet all expectations set forth by St. Francis Public Schools regarding the position of an assistant coach.
- Communicate with head and other assistant coaches regarding C and B team questions and concerns.
- Develop and organize effective practices for athletes that teach soccer skills needed to compete in our conference.
- Demonstrate and generate, among staff and players, an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the "Coach’s Code of Ethics" and our conference "Sportsmanship Guidelines".
- Adhere to the start and end dates of the soccer season and rules pertaining to out-of-season coaching as determined by the MSHSL.
- Provide for the health, safety, and well being of team members at practices, games, and transportation to and from games.
- Affect a proper relationship with athletes and parents.
- Distribute and collect equipment on a timely basis, informing athletes of their responsibility for the use and return of athletic equipment/uniforms. It is the coach’s responsibility to collect all equipment/uniforms issued.
- Assist in arranging for a post-season gathering and inform the athletic administrative assistant of certificates needed.
- Complete a post-season report with necessary information as stated by activities director and head coach.
- Other duties as assigned