Description: Middle School Science Teacher
Job Summary: Endorsed in Science for 7th through 12th grades. Experience preferred.
· Witness of Gospel values.
· Active participant in religious affiliation.
· Flexibility and enthusiasm for teaching children.
· Mature judgment and emotional stability.
· Sensitivity to and understanding of children and adults of varying temperaments.
· Professionalism in attire, communication, and demeanor.
· Good physical and mental health.
· Creative imagination and resourcefulness.
· Must complete the Safe Environment Training class required by the Archdiocese of Omaha.
· Have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree. Policy #4010.
· Be appropriately certified or certifiable by the State of Nebraska.
· Meet the requirements for Religious Instruction as established by the Omaha Archdiocese within five years of initial employment. Policy #4120. A teacher is expected to earn an equivalent of five credits in his/her academic field every five years, and fifteen clock hours in Religious Certification every three years. Policy #4200. It is highly recommended that teachers improve themselves professionally and stay current with the educational trends by taking additional college courses, attending workshops, visiting other classrooms, etc.
· Teachers must have completed the background check and attended the Child Protection Safety Class provided by the Omaha Archdiocese.
Very supportive staff in a positive, nurturing environment.
Good benefits and comparable salary.
Catholic based education but not required to be Catholic to attend St. Patrick's School.
Preschool-8th grades with about 775 students(2011-2012).
Selection Procedure: An appointment for an interview will be arranged after employer reviews all resumes. Interviews are scheduled to be middle to end of February, 2012.
- To be considered for an interview you must send an application letter, resume and letters of recommendation.