Available: August, 2012
Brighton High School (9-12)
Brighton High School, located in School District 27J, is currently seeking a full-time Math Teacher.
- Provide direct classroom instruction to high school students as a part of an academic team.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers in a high school small learning community.
- Develop positive, appropriate relationships with parents, staff and students and solve conflicts in a positive way.
- Participate in staff development activities, staff meetings, and other assigned duties.
- License/Endorsement in Math as required by the Colorado Department of Education.
- Must be "highly qualified" as defined by section 1119 of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) by demonstrating subject matter competency. (visit www.cde.state.co.us/fed programs/NCLB/TIIA.ASP for more information)
- Possess an understanding of standards based education and a proven track record of working in a standards based classroom.
- An ability to direct students in meaningful learning activities using a variety of instructional techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge of high school level students' interests, needs, and abilities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Willingness and ability to work with a diverse student population.
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. Currently contracted teachers please use Internal
Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years
previous work experience.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at
4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time