Social Studies Teacher
Available: August, 2012
Brighton High School (9-12)
Brighton High School is currently seeking a Social Studies Teacher to provide direct classroom instruction to high school students. Work collaboratively with other teachers in a high school small learning community.
- Experience and ability to direct students in meaningful learning activities using a variety of instructional techniques and strategies in Social Studies.
- Knowledge of high school students' interests, needs, and abilities.
- Willingness and ability to develop positive relationships with parents, staff, students and community stakeholders.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and other staff members.
- An understanding of standards based education and a proven track record of working in a standards based classroom.
- Certification/Licensing as required by the Colorado Department of
- Must be "highly qualified" in Social Studies as defined by section 1119 of
the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) by demonstrating subject matter
competency. ( visit www.cde.state.co.us/fed programs/NCLB/TIIA.ASP for
- Bachelors Degree with Social Studies endorsement.
- Masters Degree in History strongly preferred
Apply online. Currently contracted teachers please use Internal
Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years
previous work experience.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at
4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time