Available: August, 2012
Brighton High School (9-12)
Brighton High School is currently seeking an English Teacher to provide instructional services to high school students.
- Provide quality, research based classroom instruction in a variety of English classes.
- Work collaboratively with all students, staff, and parents.
- Teach and work with a diverse population.
- Develop positive, appropriate relationships with parents, staff and students and solve conflicts in a positive way.
- Participation in staff development activities, staff meetings, and assigned duties.
- Provide students with multiple opportunities to learn, meet and be assessed on the identified standards/essential questions and tasks.
- Must have valid Colorado License - English endorsement as required by Colorado Department of Education.
- Must be "highly qualified" as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) by demonstrating subject matter competency.
- Successful experience in secondary education with an understanding of state standards in English.
- An understanding and ability to teach in a standards based classroom including standards based grading
- An understanding of small school learning communities and the desire to create and maintain those communities
- Knowledge of high school students' interests, needs, and abilities with a commitment and dedication to students and education
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. Currently contracted teachers
please use Internal Application, upload a current
resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience.
note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain