Performs confidential payroll operations and administers employee benefits programs.
* Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
* Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
* Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
* Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, and pension payments.
* Keeps employee payroll records current and resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; suggesting needed changes.
* Manages employee insurance programs and provides assistance to employees.
* Acts as District liaison with IMRF, TRS and other vendors associated with payroll and benefits.
* Files quarterly/annual payroll taxes including 941, umemployment and W2s.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Associate Degree in Business, BA preferred.
Experience in school accounting and/or payroll processes required. Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, General Accounting Skills, Strong Technology Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization, Familarity with Microsoft Office
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM