4th Grade Dual Language Teacher
North Elementary School
Crystal Lake School District 47 currently has openings for 4th Grade Dual Language Teachers in a 90/10 (native language literacy) dual language program.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be responsible for planning, teaching, and assessing all curricular areas as outlined by the Board of Education.
- Be able to teach each lesson in Spanish or English, depending on the grade level.
- Have a deep understanding of second language acquisition.
- Use best practice for first and second language learners.
- Be able to adapt the curriculum and language level for individual students’ needs.
- Further the goal of cultural awareness through extracurricular family activities.
- Identify student needs and work cooperatively with other professional staff to solve learning, behavioral, and/or health problems.
- Maintain organized records and prepare reports of student progress in both languages.
- Maintain high standards of classroom behavior and cultural and linguistic sensitivity.
- Administer the ACCESS for ELLs, IMAGE, ISAT, and other mandated state and local assessments, depending on the grade level.
- Effectively communicate with parents in both English and Spanish through conferences and other methods.
- Be able to translate between languages both orally and in written form.
- Collaborate with grade level team and work with a district-wide dual language team to develop curriculum and further the goals of the dual language program.
- Participate in curriculum development projects, materials selection, and committee work.
- Increase professional competence by participating in district in-service, seeking out other professional growth opportunities, and following the district’s policies for continued university study.
- Must hold the following certificates:
- Illinois type 03 or 04 and an Illinois type 29 or;
- Illinois type 03 or 04 and a bilingual endorsement or;
- Bachelor’s degree, Illinois type 29, and be currently pursuing an Illinois type 03 or 04
- Be fluent and literate in English and Spanish.
- Be knowledgeable of elementary curriculum as well as second language acquisition.
- Be flexible, have excellent interpersonal communication skills, maintain a positive attitude, and promote the dual language program and its philosophies.