BEGINNING DATE: 2012-13 SCHOOL YEAR
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: ANNUAL CONTRACT 230 DAYS - JULY 1-JUNE 30
SALARY RANGE: COMPETITIVE, NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
INCLUDES COMPLETE BENEFIT PACKAGE
Provides exemplary leadership for Special Education, the Early Childhood Center, and Federal Programs for Caledonia Community Schools. Lead the development of policies, procedures and instructional practices. Interpret laws , rules and regulations to parents and staff. Recruit, provide staff development, and evaluate staff. Prepare reports of compliance with federal, state, and local agencies.
- Ability to develop a clear vision based on research, experience and innovation
- Excellent communicator: attentive listener, provides clear and concise direction, adheres to confidentiality
- Effective problem solver, collaborative, creative, team builder and highly visible.
- Assess and lead Special Education Services for students with disabilities.
- Oversee and coordinate services in the Early Childhood Center
- Serve as a liason for District Assessments including MEAP, ACT, EXPORE, PLAN, ELPA
- Serve as a liason for Federal Programs such as Title I, Title II, Title III, 31a.
- Hire, train and evaluate Special Education and Early Childhood Center staff.
- Complete State and Federal reports as required and keep informed of all legal requirements and ensure compliance with such requirements.
- Assure that the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) of each pupil is developed and implemented, and all pupil-related meetings are conducted in compliance with state and federal law, including timeliness.
- Supervise preparation of attendance reports and similar data necessary to reimbursement of funds and similar fiscal matters.
- Arrange for transportation of all children placed in special classes.
- Perform other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities from time to time as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
- Masters Degree or higher
- Administrative experience preferred
- Holds a Special Education Director and/or Special Education Supervisor Approval from State of Michigan
- Valid teaching certificate with an endorsement in one area of Special Education
- Early Childhood Endorsement preferred
Caledonia Community Schools is an equal opportunity educational institution. It is our expressed policy that no person shall be unlawfully excluded from participation, be denied benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, sex, age, or handicap/disability in it's activities or programs as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504. Any person believing that the Caledonia Community Schools or any part of the school organization has inadequately applied the principles and/or regulations of (1) Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, (2) Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, (3) the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and (4) Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 may bring forward a complaint, which shall be referred as a grievance.