April 27, 2012
POSITION: Boys JV Tennis Coach
LOCATION: East Lansing High School
WORK YEAR: Contract Length Determined by ELEA Master Agreement
REPORTS TO: Activities Director
SUPERVISES: Assistant Coaches
Assist the head coach in the organization, implementation, and evaluation of the high school interscholastic tennis program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise all matters relative to tennis as assigned by the head coach.
• Schedule practice sessions, facility requirements and equipment requirements.
• Govern player conduct and follow established rules.
• Supervise all practices, games and tournaments as assigned by the head coach.
• Responsible for the use, care and inventory of all equipment used (including uniforms).
• Assist head coach with list of ineligible players weekly.
• Assist head coach with list of award winners and varsity letter recipients.
• Abide by the rules and regulations established by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and enforce the East Lansing athletic code.
• Report all injuries to the head coach and Activities Director and be sure proper medical treatment has been received.
• Attend all meetings for tennis as assigned by the head coach.
• Responsible for teaching all athletes the skills and techniques which are unique to tennis.
• Attend competitions.
• Prepare athletes for later life by instilling physical, mental, emotional, social and moral values.
• Attend the parent meeting at the beginning of the season.
• Perform any additional responsibilities assigned by the head coach.
• Accept coaching positions annually from the head coach.
• Available to work 2 weeks of summer for tennis camp.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of the rules and rule changes in tennis.
• High school coaching experience preferred.
• Teaching and motivational skills are necessary.
• Prefer B.A. degree.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 11, 2012
APPLICATION PROCEDURE APPLY ON LINE AT: www.inghamisd.org
East Lansing Public Schools will comply with Titles V1 and IX of the Civil Rights Act with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended. No person on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, or handicap will be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.