Teacher Development Coordinator – Advisory Services (North Chicago)
AUSL is a nonprofit school management organization that manages a network of 19 Chicago Public Schools, and is currently serving as Lead Partner to North Chicago District 187. At AUSL, it is our mission to improve student achievement in high-poverty, chronically failing schools through our disciplined transformation process. For more information about AUSL, visit www.ausl-chicago.org.
AUSL seeks a highly qualified candidate to provide outstanding, individualized coaching and professional development to the dedicated teachers at North Chicago Community High School. The Teacher Development Coordinator will work closely with teachers to deepen the their repertoire of classroom strategies, including using student data to drive differentiated instruction, and to bring relentless focus to accelerating student learning, especially in the core content areas with a focus on critical thinking. The Teacher Development Coordinator will also collaborate with school administration and AUSL’s Director of Advisory Services to develop and implement school-wide structures to support high levels of teaching and learning, and to build teacher leadership. All candidates must possess a deep commitment to social justice and educational change and reform, a resilience of spirit, and an earnest respect and fondness for the children of our schools.
- Provide and document real-time classroom coaching and outstanding, individualized professional development to the teachers of North Chicago Community High School
- Utilize a repertoire of strategies for adult learners including real-time, side-by-side classroom coaching, co-planning and co-teaching of lessons, modeling of best practice strategies, analysis of student work, and classroom observation & feedback; supervise the implementation of the AUSL Teacher Development Process, which is active, transparent, collaborative, and highly accountable
- Collaborate with administrators and AUSL’s Director of Advisory Services and teachers to establish teacher performance goals and coach teachers as necessary to meet those goals
- Complete projects related to the implementation of high-quality curricular initiatives at the school site
- Demonstrate commitment to increasing student achievement with data-driven instruction by supporting school-based teachers and administrators in the implementation of a rigorous and aligned formative assessment system
- Collaborate in the design and delivery Professional Development workshops, and follow up with job-embedded support
- Monitor student assessment and instructional practice trends and create reports.
- Serve on the school’s administrative and instructional leadership teams
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in an education-related field; current teaching certificate; ELL/Bilingual and/or Special Education endorsements desirable but not required
- Experience as a successful and innovative teacher, including the skills necessary to mentor adult learners; minimum five years of successful middle or high school classroom teaching experience
- Extensive experience in urban educational settings
- Prior experience coaching or mentoring adult learners
- Excellent time management, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal, and teamwork skills in working with a diverse group of school and network-based stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills (Spanish fluency desirable but not required)
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), year-round position as an employee of AUSL; it is not a North Chicago District 187 position.
How to apply:
AUSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply online at www.ausl-chicago.org/ausl-apply.html and scroll down to select this position, complete a brief online application, and upload your resume and cover letter.