Posting dates: 04/27/12 through 05/03/12 or until filled
Start date: June 18, 2012
End date: July 26, 2012
Hours: Monday through Thursday; mornings (there may be several positions available)
Provide clerical assistance for staff and students; prepare instructional and related materials for teachers and administrators, provide back up assistance for other clerical staff.
Essential functions of the job include the following:
- Work with "at risk" learners.
- Provide general office assistance including filing, opening and distributing mail, using the computer to type, input data and/or run reports, answering phones, copying, greet and assisting walk-in customers and students and other general office duties. May work on projects such as student handbook or newsletter.
- Prepare materials on copiers, collates and distributes to teachers and administrators. Use equipment such as copier, ThermoFax, and laminator to prepare materials.
- Contact parents regarding absent students, collect home work assignments from teachers and provide to students or parents, and communicate absences to appropriate staff.
- May escort students to and from various areas and supervise student in all areas of the facility to insure appropriate behavior; follows building discipline plans and assigns consequences or disciplinary action in accordance with individual and building plans. Communicate on a regular basis with teachers and administrators about student behavior or participation in various programs.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Refer clean-up, repair or general maintenance problems to custodial staff.
- Assist with routine maintenance on copiers, etc. by filling with paper, toner, chemicals, and clearing paper jams.
- Post materials on bulletin boards and keep displays current.
- Provide clerical assistance to other staff.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff,students, and community.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service to students staff and parents.
· Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.
· Ability to communicate with students, staff and community.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
· Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand, and move throughout work area, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and must be able to restrain students when needed.
Contract Paraprofessional will receive current rate of pay, all others will receive $9.00 per hour.