Posting dates: 04/27/12 through 05/03/12 or until filled
Start date: June 18, 2012
End date: July 26, 2012
Hours: Monday through Thursday; mornings
Assist principal in any assigned tasks. Help maintain an effective discipline program and assist with situations that arise when the principal must be away from the building.
Essential functions of the job include the following:
- Work with "at risk" learners.
- Consult with other employees concerning student discipline, determine consequences and contact appropriate people to carry out procedures. Confer with students regarding behavior.
- Supervise school safety patrol program including processing and evaluation of applications and implementing of program. Schedule and conduct meetings, arrange training, arrange for installation ceremony, and coordinate schedule.
- Monitor and make changes to school bus schedules as needed in coordination with other district employees and parents, consult with drivers regarding discipline, provide bus safety training, implement discipline in accordance with district policy, and supervise loading and unloading of busses. Communicate with parents regarding bus concerns.
- Monitor school lunch/breakfast program and coordinate changes needed with other District personnel.
- Coordinate, selection of student council committee members, meet with committee to help plan and implement activities and recognize and honor members. Coordinate activities of paraprofessionals, substitute teachers, student teachers and student aides, and student council.
- Coordinate and conduct other student programs; schedule and promote student activities such as field trips, PTO events, school assemblies, athletic events and other related programs with a school-wide impact.
- Parent volunteer coordinator, lunch duty, track attendance, Line discipline, support Deans with duties such as schedule interpreters, plan mix-it-up lunches, supervisory duties mediate student conflict.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
Communicate with custodians about routine maintenance issues and contact district maintenance staff regarding problems with infrastructure of building.
Perform a variety of clerical responsibilities such as assisting visitors, answering phones, opening mail, filing, working on computer, creating newsletter etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent. Some post-secondary education preferred.
· Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff, students, and community.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Ability to get along with other people and have patience in dealing with parents and students.
· Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence.
· Ability to perform mathematical computations.
· Ability to operate a computer and knowledge of multiple software packages.
· Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Regularly required to sit, stand, and move throughout building, must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, must be able to restrain students when needed, and may be required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
Contract Paraprofessional will receive current rate of pay, all others will receive $12.00 per hour.