Background: The summer program is modeled after one successfully held at Minnetonka Heights since 2001.
The position is part of a collaborative effort between the Minnetonka Public Schools, Minnetonka Community Education and the Ridgedale YMCA. On a day to day basis, the position will be supervised by JoAnne Robinson, Minnetonka Heights Community Program Director of the Ridgedale YMCA. The District administrative liaison and supervisor will be Curt Carpenter, Principal of Clear Springs Elementary.
Hours: This is a temporary, part time summer position. Position will work 4 days per week Monday - Thursday from 11:30am-4:00pm. This position also provides 8 hours of prep time before the program starts on 7/9/2012.
Dates: The summer program is for 5 weeks from 7/9/12-8/9/12.
Location: The program is held at Clear Springs Elementary
- Provide basic skills enhancing lessons, similar to summer enrichment classes taught through the District, for up to 36 children ages 5-12, with two paid assistant.
- Lead group discussions to help students learn from each other.
- Promote investment and positive attitude towards learning in school and everyday situations.
- Current MN K-6 elementary education teaching license.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Experience working with Resource Room, Title One and/or English Language Learners is desired.
- Demonstrated outstanding communication, positive discipline and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm with a positive attitude and a willingness to be flexible.
Compensation: According to Schedule E of teacher master agreement
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Teachers, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under "Employment" then click "Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form" found on the bottom of the page. Current teachers do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.