General Description of Position:
Person selected for this position will be responsible for psycho-educational assessment of students ages birth-25 with a disability or a suspected disability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess with formal and/or information assessment instruments all students referred for special education testing.
- Administer tests and interpret test results that shall include approved intelligence, personality, achievement and perceptual motor tests.
- Complete and present a written evaluation report to parents/guardians and to the local educational agency within required timelines.
- Support behavioral analysis and program planning for behaviorally disordered children.
- Conduct parent interviews and classroom observations.
- Provide consultation to parents, school personnel, students and others.
- Perform duties associated with efficient school psychology practices, state and CISD guidelines.
- Assist in the development of IEP goals and objectives.
- Participate in IEPT, MET and other meetings as appropriate.
- Consult with other personnel including teachers, principals, other ancillary staff and parents to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain appropriate records, reports, documentation and procedures.
- Travel to meet job requirements.
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences, staffing and other meetings as appropriate.
- Provide training (professional development) for staff and parents as appropriate.
- Use various software packages for communication and documentation purposes.
- Provide prereferral consultation.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Adhere to board policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Applicant must meet Michigan Department of Education requirements for full/temporary approval as a School Psychologist.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference.
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled (External)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.