- Supervises assigned custodial staff in ensuring adequate maintenance of the building and adjacent grounds.
- Operate HVAC equipment for environmental comfort according to established guidelines and directives.
- Inspect the facility daily for damage; identify and initiate maintenance work orders and records for resolution of identified problems.
- Inspect employee work sections daily to ensure adherence to housekeeping cleaning.
- Adhere to structural and safety inspections, and perform minor preventative maintenance repairs, such as carpentry, plumbing, and painting with the tools assigned.
- Maintain accurate records including time cards, employee records, inventory, cleaning schedules, and vacation planning.
- Procure materials and supplies for the facility.
- Report all emergency situations and problems, maintenance, and safety concerns to appropriate personnel; take appropriate action to ensure adherence to established guidelines and established procedures in the handling of problems and emergencies.
- Maintain good public relations and communications with coworkers, Principals, Department Heads, and other supervisors.
- Performs all other tasks and duties assigned
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate
- High school diploma or USA equivalency and one year of training, equivalent to one year of technical training; Advanced HVAC/MEP and supervisory class
- Two years of related experience, including one year as a Facility Lead Person
- Demonstrated knowledge HVAC equipment operation, housekeeping cleaning procedures, and the operation of custodial equipment
- Demonstrated organizational , communication, and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director - Human Resource Services.
The Dallas Independent School Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap.