K-12 Gifted and Talented Teacher
The Fairview Park City Schools has an opening for a K-12 Gifted and Talented Teacher for the 2012-2013 school year.
CERTIFICATION: Intervention Specialist License for Gifted Education K-12
Current/Valid ODE Teacher Certificate/License
Preferred at least three years of experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SALARY: Per proper placement on the Administrative Salary Schedule
- Assist in the identification of gifted students
- Assist in the placement
of gifted students in appropriate educational services and settings
- Assist school
personnel in the design of gifted education services
- Assist school
personnel in the development, appropriate dissemination, evaluation and
revision of written education plans for
differentiates curriculum and instruction and addresses the
social/emotional/intellectual needs of students identified as Gifted and
- Creates written educational plans for all students designated to be served in
the Gifted Program
- Collaborates or co-teaches with regular classroom teachers where students are clustered
- Initiates or participates in team planning meetings to discuss individual
students as needed
and provide resources for teachers, parents and students.
- Communicates to building administrators and program coordinator on all Gifted Program
- Communicates clearly and effectively with parents on a regular basis.
new student testing results with counselors, building administrator and gifted
coordinator. Uses testing information effectively in instruction,
evaluation and student
current information in all student files on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains a data book on gifted identified students which includes written
and multiple measures of assessment.
- Coordinates extended learning opportunities to students, parents and teachers.
- Serves as a resource person for classroom teachers in their efforts to provide enrichment
activities within individual classrooms.
- Provides necessary staff development for teachers to assist them in meeting the
gifted and talented students in the regular classroom.
- Take responsibility for ongoing professional growth and development in order to maintain
skills needed to provide quality building staff development and resources for classroom
- Coordinate services
such as: mentorships, advanced coursework, special seminars, independent
studies, interdisciplinary curricular
career explorations, visual and/or performing arts experiences, distance
learning, and supervising and
options for gifted students provided in accordance with paragraph (G) of rule
3301-35-06 of the Administrative Code.
- Serve as a liaison among
students who are gifted, school personnel, parents, community members, colleges
and universities, industry,
business and cultural
institutions and other interested publics.
duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
STARTING DATE: August 22, 2012 for 2012-2013 School Year
Click "Apply" button in the upper right corner of this posting to fill in your application or apply online at http://www.fairviewparkschools.org
and click on Human Resources.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN OR EMAIL US ANY PAPER DOCUMENTS. Download all your paperwork online to assure that we have a complete record of your application materials.
Selection Procedure: The Fairview Park City School District hereby gives notice that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, equal pay, national origin, disability, age and genetic information in the educational programs and activities operated by the District.
Denise Devine, Human Resources Supervisor
21620 Mastick Road, #A
Fairview Park, OH 44126