The purpose of the position is to advocate, develop, execute and assess the results of plans designed to improve instruction through the growth and development of program personnel and the children entrusted to their supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Devote a majority of time to curriculum and staff development activities.
2. Define the objectives and goals of the program within the framework of system wide purposes.
3. Formulate, and interpret to the school community, the objectives of this program within the context of organizational purposes.
4. Establish an effective learning climate in the program.
5. Lead in the development, determination of appropriateness, and monitoring of the instructional program.
6. Assess the results of the learning experiences on the curriculum of this program.
7. Provide effective supervision of human and non-human resources allocated to this program.
8. Assess the results of all district level and school level plans for facilitating the growth and development of children and program personnel assigned to this
9. Develop, and assess the results of human resource plan for the program.
10. Provide for the effective coordination of attendance center plans with those of other attendance centers and those of central administration.
11. Resolve conflicts arising from role ambiguity and organizational stress.
12. Demonstrate awareness of aspirations for the program as expressed by students, parents, program staff, School Community Organization, other
interested educational groups, and the general community including community oriented organizations.
13. Demonstrate active, positive relationships with students, parents, and the general community.
14. Assist in the development and assess the results of the program budget.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to meet certification requirements for the position.
2. Experience in middle school teaching and administration preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to exercise the responsibilities assigned to this position.
4. Demonstrated ability to apply conceptual, human, and technical skills to a position of this type.
5. Demonstrated ability to motivate subordinates to cooperate in attaining school and organizational aims.
6. Demonstrated ability to understand the implications of social, political, educational, and economic changes; the significance they hold for the
school; to initiate and direct appropriate change within the school based upon broad societal changes.
Terms of Employment:
1. 12 months
2. Salary to be established annually by the Board.