JOB GOAL Facilitate the coordination of the educational support services to students at-risk, including transition from detention, dropout prevention and homeless assistance. Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of activities and services at school sites targeting drop-outs and attendance of students at risk of leaving school; to provide early identification of students at risk of failing or leaving school and apply appropriate interventions; to serve as a resource and liaison between school, home, law enforcement (SROs), and community agencies concerning pupil attendance related problems and issues; and to do other related functions as directed.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Idaho Driver’s License; have a good driving record and qualify for insurability by the District’s insurance carrier.
- Relate well to at-risk students and families.
- React calmly under stressful situations and emergencies.
- Certification in Counseling or Social Work
- Successful professional experience in guidance-related activities with at-risk students.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish
Click below to preview job description:
At-Risk Services/Homeless Coordinator
Employment is contingent upon board approval and successful completion of federal background check and drug-free workplace pre-employment screening.