260 day contract
Responsible for planning, organizing, budgeting, directing, staffing,
coordinating and controlling the activities and personnel of the
Desirable Position Criteria:
- Meet certification requirements of the State of Iowa Department of Education
- Elementary principal experience required
- Understanding of current research in meeting the needs of the elementary learner
- Experience in data driven decision-making using state and local assessment data
- Collaborative leadership approach with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead change and manage transitions
- Demonstrated ability in developing professional relationships
- Responsible for the supervision of instruction and the implementation of educational programs.
- Evaluate the performance of staff and recommend continuation and/or termination of staff.
- Implement and carry out the Master Contract with the teachers as it applies to all staff.
- Work with appropriate District administrators in the selection and assignment of building personnel.
- Responsible for students, and staff and their schedules.
- Responsible for the security of pupils and staff and develop
procedures to promote the security of school property and equipment.
- Responsible for working with the Custodial Supervisor in the safety,
cleanliness, and proper maintenance and operation of the building,
including energy conservation.
- Develop effective disciplines and a positive school and classroom climate.
- Responsible for budget requests from the building and for the
receipt, care and inventory of equipment, furniture, and supplies for
- Oversee the coordination of the school's extracurricular programs, as appropriate.
- Maintain effective relations with parents and community groups,
develop and interpret goals, objectives, and programs to parents and
- Organize and coordinate staff meetings.
- Assist in the development of in-service activities for staff.
- Represent the school to external groups, accreditation agencies, Department of Education, and others as needed or directed.
- Secure substitute staff members according to District Procedures.
- Supervise preparation and maintenance of attendance and other records
required by Administration, the Board of Education, and Department of
Education, and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Participate in state educational activities relating to the improvement of education for students and staff.
- Interpret Board of Education and administrative office policies and
procedures to staff; represent staff concerns and needs affecting the
operation of school to Administration.
- To recognize and support the educational value of team management.
- Maintain a current knowledge of developments and practices in educational leadership.
is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender,
disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for
programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation,
gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its
educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If
you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact
the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant
Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: email@example.com;
or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines,
Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights,
Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School
District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of
Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures
for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents,
students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and
1003.3. Copies of the Policy
Manual are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative
Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's website,