1.0 FTE Position
Must have or be able to obtain Iowa certification and appropriate 5-12 Math endorsement.
Starting Salary $34,770 (2012-13 1.0 FTE)
$20 Million Facility Expansion to be completed March, 2013
o Are you interested in joining a dynamic teaching and learning team committed to pursuing excellence through the development of all students and staff to achieve at their highest levels?
o Are you driven by high standards of excellence?
o Would others describe you as highly-productive, dependable, detail-oriented and results-driven?
o Do you have the natural ability to develop strong relationships within a collaborative environment?
o Do you possess the courage and determination to do “whatever it takes” to meet the needs of our students and staff?
o Are you a strategic thinker and problem-solver?
Required Knowledge and Skills
o Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance and support for implementation of the school district’s student achievement goals
o Demonstrates competence in content knowledge appropriate to the teaching position
o Demonstrates competence in planning and preparing for instruction
o Uses strategies to deliver instruction that meet the multiple learning needs of students
o Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning’
o Demonstrates competence in classroom management
o Engages in professional growth
o Fulfills professional responsibilities established by the school district
Preferred Knowledge and Skills Specific to This Position
Seek High School math instructor knowledgeable in the Common Core State Mathematics Standards with experience in problem-based instructional tasks of teaching for understanding.
1. Assist students in developing a deep understanding of mathematical concepts and application to real-word physical experiences.
2. Engages in ongoing data gathering and analysis, identifying actions, and assessing impact on student achievement.
3. Works collaboratively with peers (K-12) to increase the degree of alignment in the math curriculum.
4. Engage in professional development with colleagues to improve instructional practices in order to positively impact student learning and performance for all students.
5. Work with math team to successfully integrate the use of effective strategies and multiple technologies in order to differentiate and enhance student learning.